Turf Irrigation Product Specialist Category: Sales Deadline: June 18, 2023 Location: Remote: Des Moines or Kansas City area
The Product Specialist grows Rain Bird Golf Irrigation sales and increases market share through education and demonstration of product lines. This position strengthens Turfwerks’ market position by developing relationships with new turf customers.
This is a fully remote position; however, since work is often performed at the customer’s place of business, Turfwerks requires the Product Specialist to reside in the Des Moines or Kansas City metro areas. Overnight travel within Turfwerks’ territory is required approximately 50% of the time.
- Make sales by calling on golf courses in person and over the phone
- Identify new sales opportunities and build relationships with future customers
- Analyze customer needs and present solutions to best meet those needs
- Maintain detailed progress reports and fulfill manufacturer reporting requirements
- Continually strive to acquire product knowledge including competitor product offerings and pricing
- Promote positive customer relations through professional interactions and appearance
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Entry-level competence in sales techniques
- Knowledge of the golf course industry and golf products
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, in addition to the ability to communicate and negotiate with people at all levels
- Able to work independently and balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office software, mobile phone applications and operate industry-specific software
- The demand of this position often requires a light level of physical endurance.
- While performing the requirements of this job, employee is required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching are required occasionally for product demonstrations.
Pay and Benefits
- Starting salary range $45,000 - $50,000 plus commissions
- Benefit package includes: PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, Short-Term Disability, Accident, 401(k) with Employer Match