Service Technician, Turf Equipment - Hazelwood, MO Category: Tech Deadline: October 31, 2021 Location: St. Louis, MO metro
Turfwerks is hiring a full-time Service Technician in our Hazelwood, MO location to maintain and repair all brands of equipment including Jacobsen, Smithco, Turfco, Steiner and Yanmar. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent technical skills who can deliver outstanding service to our customers.
- Diagnose and repair the mechanical, hydraulic, gas, diesel, and electrical systems of turf equipment
- Load and transport equipment to customer location; unload and set-up equipment for customer use
- Prepare and submit, accurate, complete work orders and labor reports in a timely manner
- Adhere to all safety procedures and maintain a clean, safe work area
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions
- Act as back-up to parts department by answering customer calls and gaining inventory knowledge to fill orders when needed
- Attend training as required
- Able to identify mechanical issues, adjust, repair and overhaul equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate with people at all levels
- Working knowledge of diagnostic equipment, procedures schematics and diagrams
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills; able to balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- One to two years of experience in repairing/maintaining equipment preferred
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Outlook and operate industry-specific software
- The demand of this position often requires a high level of physical endurance. Work is medium to heavy requiring a minimum exertion of 75 lbs of force occasionally and 25 lbs of force frequently to life and move objects.
- Noise level associated with this position is usually moderate but can fluctuate between being occasionally quiet and sometimes very loud.
- While performing the requirements of this job, employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch for extended periods.
- Feeling, handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by using hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, small parts is required
- Full-time, benefits-eligible position
- Most often, work is performed in an indoor service bay, however outdoor work may occasionally be required, sometimes in adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and heat.
- In general, work occurs during regular business hours, Monday - Friday; however work outside normal hours, including overtime and weekend hours are required during peak seasons and to meet service deadlines
- Day travel is often required during peak season; overnight travel is required infrequently
- This position reports to the Turfwerks General Manager and works closely with the Turf Service Manager on work orders; has frequent contact with other service technicians, warehouse staff, and customers
- Technicians must supply his/her own hand tools; specialty tools are supplied at Turfwerks’ discretion
- Final candidate must successfully pass a criminal background and motor vehicle records check; a valid driver’s license is required
Pay and Benefits
- Starting pay range $17 - $23 per hour commensurate with skill and experience
- Benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Boot and Tool Allowance