Territory Sales Representative - Twin Cities Category: Sales Deadline: October 30, 2022 Contact: Janet Weeden (515-471-1553) Location: Twin Cities and surrounding areas
Remote Position - Competitive Base Pay Plus Commissions
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for selling Turfwerks’ complete line of golf, turf and grounds maintenance equipment in the Twin Cities and surrounding communities in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Travel established sales territory to call on golf course superintendents, general managers and sports field staff
- Encourage sales of additional parts and accessories
- Build relationships and rapport with current and potential customers to encourage future sales
- Demonstrate equipment performance
- Provide timely equipment price quotes
- Maintain customer records, sales projections and perform all administrative reporting
- Continually strive to acquire product knowledge, monitor industry and market trends including competitor product offerings and pricing
- Work closely with the Turf Division General Manager to establish achievable territory sales plan, sales targets for equipment volume and profitability.
- Participate in all company trade shows and sales department meetings
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Three years sales experience preferred
- Practical working knowledge of golf industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, in addition to the ability to communicate and negotiate with people at all levels
- Able to work independently and balance multiple priorities and demands simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office software, mobile phone applications and operate industry-specific software
- This is a fully remote position; however, since work is often performed at the customer’s place of business, Turfwerks requires the Territory Sales Representative to reside within a reasonable radius of the allotted territory.
- In general, work occurs during regular business hours, Monday - Friday; however work outside normal hours, including occasional evening or weekend hours may be required during peak seasons to meet deadlines
- Day travel to job sites in/around sales territory is required daily; overnight travel may be required on occasion
- The demand of this position often requires a medium level of physical endurance. Work requires a minimum exertion of 25 - 50 lbs. of force occasionally and 10 lbs. of force frequently to lift and move objects.
- While performing the requirements of this job, employee is required to walk and stand for extended periods of time; reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching are required occasionally; feeling, handling and grasping with the hands when handling small parts is required
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive base salary ($50,000 - $65,000) plus commissions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, Short-Term Disability, Accident, 401(k) with Employer Match, PTO (19 days to start)
- Company provided truck, laptop, phone