Part-Time Accounts Payable Clerk - Johnston, IA Category: Open Deadline: July 17, 2022 Contact: Janet Weeden (515-471-1553) Location: Johnston, Iowa
Part-time (20 - 25/hrs per week) | Starting Pay Range $15 - $17/hour
The Accounts Payable Clerk supports the business office by providing accounting and clerical support. This position maintains a high level of attention to detail and provides excellent internal customer service to other department staff.
- Review and process AP invoices daily; including printing, distributing and entering invoices into DIS accounting software
- Reconcile statements to vendor records
- Maintain AP reports and files, both electronic and paper
- Prepare and mail signed checks
- Process electronic vendor payments
- Acts as a backup for front desk/phone reception
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
Qualifications (work experience, education, certification) including KSAOs
- Must perform work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of GAAP, accrual accounting, and matching highly preferred
- Proficient at using Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Some experience using DIS or other accounting/ERP system required
- This is a part-time position scheduled for approximately 20 – 25 hours per week. The preferred schedule is Monday – Friday from 10 AM to 2 PM, however there is some flexibility in the start and end times.
- The demand of this position often requires a light level of physical endurance. Work requires a minimum exertion of 25 lbs. of force occasionally and 10 - 15 lbs. of force frequently to lift and move objects.
- While performing the requirements of this job, employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Walking, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching are also frequently required.
Pay and Benefits
- Starting Range $15 – $17 per hour
- Eligible for holiday pay